The Oregon Homecare Workers Benefit Trust offers to eligible participants:
PREMIUM-FREE INSURED DENTAL, VISION, HEARING and EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP) BENEFITS. Note: for the Vision and Hearing benefits, you will need to pay the full cost at the time services are received and then submit your claim to Ameritas for reimbursement, up to the limits of the Trust's coverage. For Dental benefits, you will be responsible for paying any applicable out of pocket costs such as co-payments and coinsurance.
To become eligible for benefits from the Oregon Homecare Workers Benefit Trust:
- You must work at least 40 hours of bargaining unit work for two months in a row;
- The Trust Administrative Office must receive your hours information from the State, so it is important that you turn in your payroll vouchers in a timely manner as there is a natural time lag between your hours worked and when they are reported to the Trust;
- Once you become eligible for benefits, there will be a one-month waiting period before you are covered by the Trust as a result of this time lag.
Please make sure to update your information on the Trusts’ website at www.orhomecaretrust.org/update-info to ensure the Trust can administer your benefits without delay. If you have any questions about your benefits or if you are experiencing problems with your enrollment, please call the Trust Administrative Office at 1-844- 507-7554, option 3, option 2.
If you are eligible for benefits through the Benefit Trust, your dental benefits are insured by Kaiser. Important things to remember about these benefits are:
- You will receive a Kaiser Permanente dental card in the mail. If your medical carrier is also Kaiser Permanente and you live in the Kaiser Permanente service area, your medical coverage card (Blue Bar Across the Top) will also function as your dental coverage card. If you live outside the service area, you may have two ID cards (one for medical and one for Kaiser Permanente Dental).
- If you are in the Kaiser service area and you visit a Kaiser Permanente dentist in the Kaiser service area, or if you live outside the Kaiser service area and visit a dentist on Kaiser’s list of preferred providers, there is no charge for a dental office visit for preventive and diagnostic services (including teeth cleaning), and for minor restorative services (such as routine fillings and simple extractions). Other Dental services have co-insurance that may require you to pay for a portion of the cost.
- If you receive services from a dentist that is not a Kaiser dentist or a Kaiser preferred provider, you will be required to pay the full cost of those services.
- You do not have to pay monthly premiums.
- Note that you may not use the Benefit Convenience Card issued to you by the Trust for any expense related to your dental plan.
- Please look below for the Benefits Summary to see what exactly your Kaiser dental plan covers. You can also call Kaiser Dental at 1-503-286-6868 in the Portland area, 1-503-370-4311 in Salem, or 1-844-621-4577 outside of Portland and Salem areas for more information about your dental benefits.
Resources for Participants Inside the Kaiser Service Area
- Overview of Kaiser Dental benefits (PDF)
- 2018-2019 In-Area Benefits Summary (PDF) - English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese
- Where to Get Dental Care (PDF)
- Three Easy Steps to Transfer to Kaiser Dental Care (PDF)
- Experience Kaiser Dental Innovation (PDF)
- Kaiser Dental Care Financial Assistance FAQ (PDF)
Resources for Participants Outside the Kaiser Service Area
- Overview of Kaiser Dental Choice PPO (PDF)
- 2018-2019 Out-of-Area Benefits Summary (PDF) - English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese
- Kaiser Dental Choice PPO Network (PDF)
- Two Easy Steps to Locate Kaiser Dental Care (PDF)
General Resources about Dental Care
- Prevention/Wellness: When Should My Next Dental Cleaning Be
- Smile. You Have Dental Coverage - PDF (In-Area Participants) or (Out-of-Area Participants)
If you are eligible for benefits through the Benefit Trust, your vision and hearing benefits are provided by Ameritas. Important things to remember about these benefits are:
- Eligible participants do not have to pay monthly premiums.
- You are eligible for one eye exam with up to a maximum reimbursement of $100 every two years. If the eye exam costs more than $100, you will be responsible for any additional cost, so make sure to confirm the cost of your exam before you receive care.
- You are eligible for up to a $500 reimbursement for materials, which can include glasses or contacts, every two years. You are also eligible for a Lasik benefit (both eyes) of up to $500 in year one, up to $500 in year two and up to $1000 in year three.
- You are eligible for a hearing reimbursement benefit (both ears) for materials of up to $400 in year one, up to $750 in year two and up to $1,000 in year three. There is also hearing exam coverage of $75 and a maintenance benefit of $40.
How to use your vision and hearing benefits:
- You will receive an Ameritas vision card in the mail.
- You may choose any optometrist or ophthalmologist for your exam, and you may purchase your glasses or contacts wherever you prefer.
- If the vision provider does not bill Ameritas directly, you will need to pay up front and then submit a claim through Ameritas’ reimbursement form, available for download here, or by calling Ameritas at 1-877-647-6683.
- Please note that you may not use the Benefit Convenience Card issued to you by the Trust for any expense related to your vision and hearing coverage.
- Please call Ameritas at 1-877-647-6683 for more information about your vision benefits.
Resources: Plan Overviews and Reimbursement Claim Form
- Ameritas Vision Plan Overview (PDF)
- Ameritas LASIK Advantage Overview (PDF)
- Ameritas SoundCare Overview (PDF)
- Ameritas Vision Reimbursement Claim Form (PDF)
If you are eligible for benefits through the Benefit Trust, your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits are provided by Reliant Behavioral Health. Important things to remember about these benefits are:
- The EAP provides resources to help you in your personal life, from meeting health goals to getting your household finances in order. They also help you privately solve problems that may interfere with your work, family, and life in general, from moments of daily stress to moments of crisis. EAP services are free to you and include 24-hour crisis help, up to five face-to-face counseling sessions for every 12 months, online mental health consultations, access to discounted legal and financial services, and more.
- You do not have to pay monthly premiums.
- You can access services by visiting myrbh.com or calling 1-866-750-1327. Your access code is: OHWBT.
Resources: Plan Overview and Wellness